Completed Projects Archive
- Economic Benefits of Less Restrictive Regulation of Advanced Practice Registered Nurses in North Carolina by Christopher J. Conover
- Carolina Alcohol & Drug Expansion Team (CADET) in Durham, NC
- Regional Health Information Integration Project (RHIIP) across North Carolina
- The American Health Economy Illustrated is a publication by Christopher Conover which graphically illustrates the importance of the U.S. health industry in the general economy and its effect on individual households
- Benefits and Costs of Health Services Regulation with the Searle Freedom Trust
- Collaborative HIV/AIDS Prevention and Mental Health Treatment Project (CHAMP) in Charlotte, NC
- Coping with HIV/AIDS in the Southeast (CHASE)
- HEP ART: Integrated Treatment of Persons with Co-Occuring HCV & Alcohol Use
- North Carolina Community AIDS Fund (NCCAF) works across North Carolina to empower communities to lead the response to the HIV epidemic by increasing individual, community and statewide capacity to bring an end to HIV.
- Priorities for Medicare Advanced Cancer Coverage
- Sexual Health Information Project (SHIP) is is a multi-state study looking at how people protect their own and others’ sexual health.
- Strategies to Link Antiretroviral & Antidepressant Management at Duke & UNC (SLAM DUNC) in Durham and Chapel Hill, NC and Birmingham, AL
- Southern HIV/AIDS Strategy Initiative Report: HIV/AIDS Epidemic in the South Reaches Crisis Proportions is a 2011 commissioned report led by long-term researchers into the HIV epidemic in the Deep South, Drs. Susan Reif and Kathyrn Whetten.
- Guide to Healing (G2H) in Chapel Hill, NC seeks to enhance the entry, retention, and re-entry of HIV-positive women of color into care in the University of North Carolina Infectious Diseases Clinic.
- Juntos: A digital health intervention is a community-based initiative with El Centro Hispano, to better understand and respond to the health needs of Latino men who have sex with men.
- Proyecto Luz is looking at the relationship between immigration status, current laws, and health care access for Latinos in North Carolina.
- Adaptation of a Depression Treatment Intervention for HIV Patients (ADEPT) in Bamenda, Cameroon
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) in Tanzania
- Child Status Index (CSI)
- Malawi Orphans & Vulnerable Children Evaluation (MOVE) in Malawi
- Randomized Controlled Trial of Ways to Improve OVC HIV Prevention and Well-Being is focusing on comparing the effectiveness of psychosocial counseling (PC) and trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT) and being conducted in Zambia
- Tearfund Evaluation project in Perm, Russia is looking at the rates of substance abuse in women and its links with sexual and/or physical abuse and HIV.
This page is a directory of CHPIR’s completed research and implementation projects. Some of the projects continue to operate independently of CHPIR’s resources and guidance.