Local is Global: CHPIR’s Domestic Projects
- Carolina Alcohol and Drug Resources (CADRE) is a federally funded substance abuse service and research study for minority MSM at risk for HIV and individuals living with HIV.
- Guide to Healing (G2H) in Chapel Hill, NC seeks to enhance the entry, retention, and re-entry of HIV-positive women of color into care in the University of North Carolina Infectious Diseases Clinic.
- Juntos: A digital health intervention is a community-based initiative with El Centro Hispano, to better understand and respond to the health needs of Latino men who have sex with men.
- NC LINK is working to increase the HIV+ population in consistent care by linking HIV care and testing providers in North Carolina
- Positive Charge Initiative: an Access to Care project across 19 North Carolina counties
- Proyecto Luz is looking at the relationship between immigration status, current laws, and health care access for Latinos in North Carolina.
- The Duke Obesity Prevention Program
- Teen Outreach Program (TOP) in Craven County, NC works to prevent teen pregnancy and HIV/STD transmission within the population of adolescents served, as well as to build essential life skills to reduce future risk behavior for these adolescents